Monday, November 05, 2012

The second last cold front of 2012

Over the past few days, there have been storms generated from a cold front and a cold pool. These storms had heavy rain and occasional hail, but minimal lightning. About 1 strike every few hours.

I only saw about 5 lightning strikes, and I only captured (poorly) 1:
This all happened in less than a second. Frame by frame at 30 frames per second:









You can tell I was a bit annoyed I was walking along when it came time to capture the lightning.

On another note. We have had some decent rainfall.
That is a video of the rain coming through. 1 Minute = 1 Hour.

On Sunday, Perth had 21.5mm
On Monday, Perth had 10.5mm.
I personally recorded 27mm on Sunday.

I spotted these guys having a party in my back garden.


Here is the sunset I was farewelled with by the storm:


No more storm activity is expected for a while:
Chaser80's lightning detector is showing no activity near the Perth coast.